Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Taiwan Day 1 Breakfast

Each day I was on this journey I found happiness as I woke. I did not have thoughts of dread as I woke up each day for once in my life each day I woke up not because I had to but because I wanted to. That is not to say I wasn't tired,every inch of my body still hurt with each day I woke. I found a sense of ecstasy which I have yet to emulate again.

I was to meet one of my friends, putting all my trust in her to guide me throughout Taiwan. Communicating was difficult everywhere I traveled, not because of the language, but because my phone had no signal, I had to rely on what little free WiFi i could find. As much stress as this was at time, I found this to be another relaxing part of my travels. I was no longer inclined to check my phone every 5 minutes I could concentrate on the here and now.

I had only been in Taiwan a short while but the atmosphere was so welcoming it did not have the towering skyscrapers of Hong Kong, it was quaint,but it still had the convenience of any large city.

The view from outside my hostel

All the conveniences of home
I made my way to the MTR, there I would meet my friend. We were to spend my entire trip together never before had I had a travel companion. I had always been nervous to travel alone so I never traveled.There was the occasional road trip for a job interview and the one time I traveled to DC by myself on a whim, but never to another country.

We smiled as we met, saying not a word besides good morning and how are you. She spoke plainly, nervous to speak English. Anxious to try my Chinese I asked her where are we going (我们去哪儿)She smiled giggled at my Chinese and said We will go to Beitou.

Trains all throughout Asia are so modern and well kept
Compared to the denseness of the other cities I had been to Taipei was less crowded comparatively.
There was plenty of room to stand  and watch the mountainous landscape as we passed through to Beitou. Everything was so efficient, I still remember the cute sounds the turn-style made as you passed through.

I saw these cute little Characters at Beitou station

I couldn't get over how welcoming the atmosphere was in Taipei was. Everyone was so happy so healthy. We exited the train at Beitou station she looked at me smiled and asked me"Are hungry?" I nodded yes with a big smile.
Beitou 
We walked for a little and found ourselves in-front of what looked almost like a McDonald's, but not. It was called Mos burger. Ordering for the first time in Chinese was not as bad I as expected either! Considering she gave me an English menu Ironic. I ordered something similar to an egg muffin. And I have to say the service compared to any American Fast food restaurant was astounding they brought it right to my table!We walked for a little and found ourselves in-front of what looked almost like a McDonald's, but not. It was called Mos burger. Ordering for the first time in Chinese was not as bad I as expected either! Considering she gave me an English menu Ironic. I ordered something similar to an egg muffin. And I have to say the service compared to any American Fast food restaurant was astounding they brought it right to my table!

Over course of my stay in Taiwan I found myself enjoying breakfast more and more. Breakfast was simple not the Pancakes globed in syrup with bacon and eggs on the side. Enough to feed a man 3 times my size.

They best way I can describe it was they were tiny egg tarts with ham almost like a breakfast dumpling. The portion size was perfect for me and surprisingly filling. My favorite part about breakfast wasn't the food but the beverage. Milk Tea, A combination of Chocolate Milk and tea. I cannot begin to describe the taste. I have yet to emulate its taste in America.







No comments:

Post a Comment